- What is home automation/integration?
- What can be achieved with a home automation system?
- What are the benefits of home automation?
- Does home automation work just when I'm in my house?
- Can I install home automation into my existing house?
- I am building, when should I call you?
- Can I upgrade the system in the future if I wish to add more automation systems?
- Is there a limit to the number of rooms that can be automated?
- How do I integrate my security system into my home automation system?
- Will my smart home be easy to use?
Home automation or smart home technology refers to the integration of multiple electronic systems and devices through a centrally controlled network. These systems and devices may include media rooms, home theatres, lighting control, multi-room audio, HVAC control, security, or appliances. Integrated systems are custom-designed to allow the homeowner the convenience and cost savings of controlling electronics through a central control, or even remotely.
The options are virtually unlimited. Below are some examples of the main systems you may wish to control:
- Lighting – set the mood with contemporary lighting design
- Multi room audio and video – enjoy sound and vision throughout the home
- CCTV – feel secure in your home and monitor it remotely when you are abroad
- Climate control – keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter
- Central archive storage of CD’s, DVD’s, pictures and games – all your media at your finger tips
- Computer networks – share files and printers and access the internet in every room
- Blinds and curtains – enjoy natural light from sunrise and peace of mind at sunset
- Touch screen controls – total home control at your finger tips
Most people who consider home automation solutions do so for the comfort and convenience but also enjoy the safety, security and savings they provide.
The amount of control you want over your home automation – and where you want to access it from – can also dictate the type of system you need. If you just want control over lighting and appliances in other rooms while you are physically in your home, a closed home automation system with controller specific to that system will be fine. But if you want to access your home automation system remotely from your office or vacation destination, you’ll want a system that can be accessed using a web browser or a mobile device.
Yes, you can. We can send out a consultant to recommend what options would work best for you depending on the complexity of the automation you have in mind.
Now! The sooner the better. A well designed smart home starts as a design before any wiring takes place. What we do involves integrating a multitude of systems in your new home. If you wait too long you may be limited to what you can have and it may end up costing more than it needed to. We’re happy to work directly with you or collaborate with your builder or architect.
Home automation can be upgraded and added to at any time as long as the correct smart wiring is in place. You can start with a small system to get a feel for what it’s like such as control of the lighting at your place, and then add more systems like blinds and curtain automation, surveillance cameras or security alarms.
Not really. The bigger the house, the better as you would have complete control of your house from pretty much anywhere in the world. We are happy to automate houses of any size.
We are able to integrate your existing security system into your home automation to create an intelligent security system that can, for example, switch lights on if some part of the property has been compromised. Your intelligent system can be set up to contact your security company and SMS or phone you to let you know if your alarm system or sensors have been activated.
Yes! We ensure a well designed, programmed and installed system so everyone in the house can easily use it. Our clients all end up loving their homes even more and wondering how they ever lived without it!